
Cross Crockett St. from the Menger to the Alamo |

These stone walls & arcade were erected in 1920 |

Through the corridor towards the Alamo |
 Into the courtyard east of the Alamo |

1950 Daughters of the Republic of Texas Library |

Over the fountain and back towards the Alamo |

View of fountain with Crockett St. entry background |

View of Alamo from Bonham St. entryway |

Alamo Hall was a former San Antonio fire station |

Alamo had cannon where the window now is in 1836 |

A nice collection of different cactus plants . . |

. . . make up the garden behind the Alamo |

Emily Morgan Hotel beyond the 1936 Sales Museum |

Back of the Alamo with 1920 curved concrete top |

View of Sales Museum beyond the acequia |

The acequia irrigation system brought water |

The rear exit of the Alamo points straight at . . . |

. . . the entrance to the 1936 Sales Museum |

A park guide tells the story of the battle for . . . |

. . . the Alamo in the Calvary Courtyard |

Convento Courtyard still has the missionary well |

Recognizing the 32 men from Gonzales at the Alamo |

The Alamo Shrine lies just beyond the Courtyard |

1914 Japanese monument comparing the 1575 Siege
of Nagashino Castle to the 1836 Alamo Battle |

The Long Barracks was 2 stories tall until the 2nd
floor was removed in 1913 & remained roofless
until refurbished in the late 1960s |

The US Army occupied the Alamo in 1849 and added
the 2nd floor windows, the roof, and distinctive curved gable top facade |

Photos inside the Alamo found on the web
No photos allowed inside the shrine
Upper wall & arched ceiling were added much later |

View back to the front door & new (1920) arched roof |

Traditional and most remembered view of the Alamo |

The Long Barracks & Alamo are visited by many |

The Emily Morgan Hotel beyond the Long Barracks |

The Alamo Cenotaph was erected in 1939 |

Cenotaphs are tombs or monuments erected to
honor a person or persons whose remains are elsewhere or their whereabouts unknown
Alamo defenders' bodies were burned in 3 funeral pyres and left in ash heaps near the Alamo |

Perhaps the largest funeral pyre was located here |

The Centaph lists all the names of the Alamo defenders, with Travis & Crockett standing out here,
Bonham and Bowie on the other side |

The Emily Morgan Hotel - the yellow rose of Texas |

The Medical Arts Bldg was built in 1924 and
converted to the Emily Morgan Hotel in 1984 |

Main post office was a Federal Public Works project enacted during the Great Depression |

View from the Post Office of the Long Barracks |

Above & beyond the Barracks are modern structures |

Modern hotels and the Hemisphere Tower lie just
beyond the Alamo and Long Barracks |

William B. Travis' 24 February 1836 letter |

Nice shot of a night time Alamo |

Toss in the Emily Morgan Hotel for added effect |

Mission San Antonio de Valero, circa 1745 |

2nd church, the Alamo, began construction 1756 |

At the start of Mexican war of independence in 1811 |

Mexican General Cos fortified the Alamo in 1835 |

The Alamo, dawn of March 6th, 1836 |

Vacant Alamo in 1845 before US Army occupation |

The Alamo was surrendered to the Confederacy, 1861 |

The Alamo as a warehouse & mercantile in 1890 |

The first floor was a grocery business, the 2nd
floor was Gustav Toudouze's Alamo museum |

The Daughters of the Republic of Texas acquire the
Alamo in 1903 and remove the mercantile building |

The 2nd story of the long barracks removed in 1913 The Alamo was reroofed with concrete in 1922 |