|Lesson 9 and its symbolism:|
- Figure carrying burden - Israel.
- Murky stream - Israel lived in a world where evil was a reality.
- Spotted tunic, burden, and broken notes - The sinfulness of the chosen ones issued in the same disharmonies as those experienced by the first inhabitants of God's good earth.
- Extended hands - Israel's mission entailed a ministry to all the earth.
- Figure clutches burden - Preoccupied with its own burdens, Israel was not free to minister to the needs of others.
- Lamb between figure and extended hands - Freed from its own burden by the atoning acts of God, Israel would be free to fulfill its mission.
- Manuscript message - The atonement of God was designed by him to empower Israel "to be a blessing".